Quarteira Gypsy Market
This bustling outdoor market with over 150 vendors is held every Wednesday morning on the outskirts of Quarteira. A typical Portuguese market that you find in almost every town and the nearest to Vilamoura. The Wednesday Market has become increasingly popular, attracting visitors from all over the Algarve. You can purchase clothes, cork items, shoes, linen, handbags, jewellery and a wide range of knockoffs.
Getting to the market from Vilamoura
- The market has its own large free parking area. Fills up quite quickly after 9am so get there early;
- if you have GPS drive to the Lidl Supermarket in Fonte Santa. Park at the supermarket (free) and walk down to the market (3 minutes);
- a taxi is the easiest way to get there approx. €6 one way
– by bus:
- You can walk from Vilamoura along the beach to the Quarteira fish market and catch the free market bus. The bus goes to the farmers market, the gypsy market and back to the fish market. If you miss the bus coming back there are usually plenty of taxis and cost about €6 to Vilamoura:
- Catch the regular bus from Vilamoura to Quarteira stop 38 on the green line.
Address (Quarteira Flea Market on Google Maps)
EM527-2 621A, 8125-020 Quarteira